Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The strongest tie to memory



So yesterday I hopped in my car really quick to head to work, because naturally i was late! I noticed a smell in my car and it intstantly reminded me of a hotel swimming pool in the summer. Weird, huh? It brought me back to being a kid. We rarely went on family vacations but when we did it was a huge deal. It was exciting and new and fun! There was always something about when the day was done of exploring where ever you were and after dinner had settled, putting on your swim suit and anxiously awaiting the elevator,(it could never come fast enough) running through the carpeted halls, parents yelling slow down quit running, opening the glass door, throwing your towel down on the nearest lounge tanning chair and cannon balling right into the deep end, doing hand stands and flips, racing, seeing who could hold their breath the longest and playing Marco Polo until it was time for the pool to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment